Every year, approximately 30,000 people in the United States are sickened
by accidental carbon monoxide poisoning and approximately 500 die, may
in their own home. Carbon monoxide is colorless, odorless, and tasteless
and cannot be detected by humans without the aid of a detector. Frighteningly,
the CDC reports that only 30 percent of American homes have functioning
carbon monoxide alarms. The symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning include
headache, dizziness, nausea, loss of muscle control, shortness of breath,
fatigue, and skin irritation.
local San Jose hardware store to purchase a carbon monoxide detector for your home. Along with fire
and smoke alarms, carbon monoxide detectors will ensure that you and your
family has enough time to respond to a dangerous and potentially deadly scenario.