Traditional Thanksgiving Turkey
The best Thanksgiving turkey recipe calls for simple spices & primal
wood-fired flavor. Traeger is your recipe for success.
- 1 - 18-20 lb turkey
- 1/2 lb butter, softened
- 8 sprigs thyme
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 sprig rosemary, rough chop
- 1 Tbsp cracked black pepper
- 1/2 Tbsp kosher salt
- Start the Traeger grill on Smoke with lid open until the fire is established
- Set temperature to 300 degrees F and preheat, lid closed, for 5-10 min.
- In a small bowl combine butter with minced garlic, thyme leaves, chopped
rosemary, black pepper and kosher salt.
- Prep the turky by separating the skin from the breast creating a pocket
to stuff the compound butter in.
- Cover the entire breast with 1/4 inch thickness of butter mixture.
- Season the whole turkey with kosher salt and black pepper.
- Optional: stuff turkey cavity with stuffing
- Place turkey on grill and smoke for 3-4 hours or until the temperature
reaches 160 degrees F.
- Cover with foil and let rest for 10-15 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
- 24 Wings (Sectioned)
- 12 oz Italian Dressing
- 3 oz Treager Chicken Rub
- 8 oz Traeger Chili Barbecue Sauce
- Wash all wings and place into resealable bag.
- Add Italian Dressing to the resealable bag containing the wings. Place
in refrigerator and allow to marinate for 6-12 hours.
- When ready prepare, remove wings from the resealable bag.
- Season all sides of the wings with Traeger Chicken Rub.
- When ready to cook, start your Traeger on Smoke with lid open until the
fire is established (4 to 5 minutes).
- Set the temperature to 225 degrees F and preheat, lid closed (10-15 minutes).
- 15 minutes after applying seasoning, put wings on the Traeger.
- Cook wings to an internal temperature of 180 degrees (approximately 45 minutes).
- Remove the wings and toss in Chili Barbecue Sauce.
- Move the Traeger temperature up to 375 degrees.
- Once at temperature, place the wings on the Traeger and sear both sides
until it reaches an internal temperature of 190 degrees F (about 5 minutes).
- Remove the wings from the smoker and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve with your favorit side wing dressing or sauce.
Asian Rib-Eye Steaks
Dear true lovers of meats—take our advice, grill and eat this thick
and juicy slab immediately. Smothered in a unique asian marinade, your
tastebuds will rock to an 11 on the flavor scale. This recipe is big flavor
in little China town.
- 4 1” thick Rib Eye Steaks
- 1 Tbsp. Dry Mustard
- 1 Tbsp. Brown Sugar
- 10 Anchovy Fillets, minced
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp. Onion Powder
- 2 tsp. Black Pepper
- 2 Tbsp. warm Water
• In a bowl, combine all the marinade ingredients, making a paste.
• Rub the paste on both sides of the steaks, refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
• When ready to cook, start your Traeger on Smoke with the lid open
until the fire is established (4-5 minutes). Set the temperature to High
(450°F) and preheat, lid closed (10-15 minutes).
• Place steaks on the grill and cook for 4-5 minutes per side for
medium rare (140°F). Let them rest 10 minutes before serving.
• Optional: Garnish with grilled baby bok choy and grilled garlic.