Bulk Material for Your Garden from Payless Hardware & Rockery
Are you looking to add the finishing touches to your outdoor space in San Jose, CA? Perhaps you’ve thought of adding more flowers or installing a water feature but decided against it. If this is the case for you, consider garden rocks from the bulk material selection at Payless Hardware & Rockery. Our experienced team can help you choose from various decorative rocks, gravel, bark, and much more. The experts at Payless Hardware & Rockery are here to help you select the specific type of landscaping you want or help you load the truck with the perfect addition to your garden. Whether your home or business needs a quick touch-up or an overhaul of its curb appeal, we’re your go-to ACE Hardware store in the region.
Have You Considered Decorative Rocks for Your Garden?
Interested in decorative rocks or natural stone? Many homeowners find these to be the ideal feature to complete their garden. Decorative rocks have numerous uses beyond the fact that they look gorgeous against the green grass and spring blooms. Customers of Payless Hardware & Rockery rave about the unique design options decorative stone brings. They also choose decorative rocks as ground covers, one-of-a-kind driveways, and accents for pools or water installations. Many who frequent our hardware store in San Jose also purchase our bulk materials for creating crafts or doing other DIY projects. Whatever reason you may need decorative rocks in bulk, our landscaping team is here for you.
Choose from a Wide Range of Decorative Rocks
If you’re sold on the idea of decorative rocks from our ACE Hardware store, familiarize yourself with the array of options you’ll have. Payless Hardware & Rockery carries all the common types of decorative stone, as well as some unique varieties to give your garden the spice it needs. Our most popular styles include:
- Creek Bed Cobbles: Homeowners love using creek bed cobbles to decorate the edges of a pool, pond, or greenery. You may also choose to place these rocks around trees or bushes to make them the accent of your backyard. These larger rocks are ideal if you’re concerned about erosion as well, effectively reducing the movement of soil.
- Crushed Granite: Granite is a hot commodity for indoor countertops, but did you know it can also complete your outdoor space? Homeowners choose crushed granite for patios and pathways, making for a feature that’s both beautiful and erosion-resistant. We often recommend crushed granite in combination with flagstone.
- Dolomite: This stone is ideal if you’re looking to add a little sparkle to your garden or backyard entertaining space. Dolomite is typically used to emphasize gorgeous plants without overshadowing them. This decorative rock isn’t too large and comes in light shades, so it’s perfect if you desire a stone that won’t attract too much attention.
- Ginger Rock: Perhaps the whites of dolomite and grays of granite aren’t for you. In that case, consider ginger rock. Ginger rock comes in earthy tones like gold, tan, and eggshell. It’s an absorbent stone ideal for landscaping, as well as lightweight enough to pair with tiny, tropical plants.
- Gold Fines: If you appreciate the gold tones of ginger rock but aren’t sure about the size, gold fines are for you. Gold fines are much smaller, almost like sand, and are often used for driveways, walkways, or patio accents. The team at Payless Hardware & Rockery will help you compact this bulk material properly for maximum durability.
- Gold Rock: Gold rock is also similar to ginger rock in color, but it comes in smaller sizes. Many homeowners used this richly-colored stone to complement greenery and colorful gardens. Gold rock looks natural, so you can hardly go wrong with this decorative stone.
- Granite Fines: This neutral-colored material can be used for a wide variety of applications. The shades of gray work well for athletic fields, parking lots, and anywhere else durability is crucial.
- Mexican Pebbles: These decorative rocks are smooth to the touch and blue-gray in color. They’re perfect for water features, pools, ponds, and even planters. Mexican pebbles are beautiful in their own right without drawing attention away from the focal point of your outdoor space.
- Pami: Maybe decorative rocks in one color group don’t appeal to you so much. If you’d like something with a little more variety, check out our Pami bulk materials. These pebbles come in many colors but remain in a natural range perfect for planters and water features alike.
- Quartz: This material is one of our hardware store’s top sellers. Quartz requires little maintenance, and installation is easy. It even has a little sparkle to further highlight a particular part of your garden.
- Red Lava Rock: This decorative rock is vibrantly colored, similar to bricks. What’s more, this rich color won’t fade over time and resists pests. Homeowners choose red lava rock to add a pop of color to their landscape.
- Salmon Bay Rock: This stone reminds many customers of a lake bed. With a wide range of colors and small-sized pebbles, salmon bay rock is excellent for driveways and as an accent in your garden.
CREEK BED COBBLES
1", 2"- 4", & 3" – 10"
An attractive landscaping feature, creek bed cobbles are larger rocks that are perfect for erosion control or decorative purposes. As their name suggests, they are often used in dry creeks, around ponds, and as a feature around trees, bushes, or plants. They are colorful and smooth.
3/4" & 1 1/2"
A sparkly stone known for its beauty, dolomite is the perfect stone to select to offset ornamental plants, or to draw attention to feature plantings. Light colored and not too large, this stone makes a great addition to any planted area, and is usually used because of its visual appeal.
3/4" & 1 1/2"
Those who prefer a more earthy tone in decorative rock will love this stone. Ginger rock is typically a gold color, and it is an absorbent stone that is ideal for landscaping. This lightweight gravel perfect with succulent plantings or in an area that has a tropical theme, but it has many different applications.
1/2" & 3/4"
Another gold-colored rock, this stone makes a versatile landscaping rock, and it comes in a range of shades. Use it to set off greenery, or to richen a plain planted area. It’s a very natural-looking stone that can be utilized in many landscape designs.
1/4" & 3/4"
Crushed granite is a popular material for patios and pathways, as it is beautiful and erosion-resistant. It is also often used with flagstone as a filler material for walkways or gathering spaces.
RED LAVA ROCK
3/8" – 3/4" & 1 1/2
Red lava rock is porous and offers a unique look. It is brick-colored and does not fade over time like mulch, making it a perfect material to use around plantings and trees. Also, unlike mulch, pests are not attracted to this material. Those looking for a vibrant landscape material will enjoy the look of this rock.
1/2" – 1" & 1" – 2"
People searching for an understated, yet beautiful landscaping stone will be drawn to the smooth, soothing look of Mexican pebbles. With their blue-grey hue they are a perfect compliment to water features and ponds, but they can be used in many different ways. They also look lovely in planters.
3/8" & 1/2"
This type of pebble provides a rich bunch of color, but in a natural range. You’ll find this material everywhere, as people love them for everything from container gardening to lawn replacement. They are also popular for fountains and water features.
1/4", 1/2", 3/4"
Quartz is a type of premium natural stone revered for its beauty. Low-maintenance and easy to place, this decorative rock is perfect for exterior areas you really want to highlight. The stone itself has a sparkle to it, which many people love.
SALMON BAY ROCK
From container gardens to driveways, salmon bay rock is used in many different applications. It has great color and is utilized in hardscape designs as well as for landscape bed material.
This material is smaller in diameter than most landscaping materials and is primarily used as a pathway, driveway, or patio-area material. Compacted properly it can be a very good choice for long-lasting appearance and durability.
Like Gold Fines, this material is compacted and used underfoot. It is suitable for athletic fields, parking areas, and many other similar applications where a sturdy material is needed.
Select the Ideal Sand or Gravel for Your Outdoor Space
If decorative rocks and pebbles are too bulky for the look you’re going for in your yard, consider sand or gravel to complete your space. These bulk materials won’t attract too much attention, but they add aesthetic value, nonetheless. Payless Hardware & Rockery is happy to help you choose from an array of sizes, colors, and textures when it comes to sand and gravel. Our hardware store in San Jose offers the following:
- Base Rock Class II- ¾” Concrete Mix
- Drain Rock ¾” & 1 ½”
- Pea Gravel
- Granite ¼” x 10
- Crushed Granite ¾”
- Sand I or II
- Fill Sand
- Concrete Sand
Finish Your Space with Bark, Compost, or Topsoil
Bark, compost, and topsoils are often an indispensable part of a garden or backyard. Luckily, Payless Hardware & Rockery has you covered here as well. We provide our customers with a wide variety of bulk materials to meet your unique needs. Our top products include:
- Fir Bark: Medium, Small, and Mini
- Shredded Redwood Bark
- Organic Compost
- Planter Mix
- Mushroom Compost
A Top ACE Hardware Store Near San Jose, CA
No matter your aesthetic, decorative rock, sand, gravel, and more add the finishing touches to your outdoor space. Many customers visit our hardware store not knowing where to start. Fortunately, the team at Payless Hardware & Rockery is made up of landscaping experts ready to make your design experience as easy as possible. Don’t hesitate to contact us with your questions about bulk material, cultured stone, and more!